What you are going to learn
This is the missing link in your production workflow.
This class is for anyone who has made or recorded music and wondered why their tracks don't sound like the tracks they hear on the radio, Spotify, SoundCloud, or anywhere else.
In this class we start with the very basics of mixing, and work all the way up to finishing great tracks. I walk you through every step of the process, and explain my logic behind every decision I make. I'll even walk you through a complete mix from beginning to end.
The goal of this class is for you to learn how to take your tracks from good to great.
Here is a list of some of the topics we will cover:
- The Listening Environment
- Headphone Mixing vs. Studio Monitors
- Preparing a Track for Mixing
- Tuning Instruments
- Grouping Tracks
- Approaches to Mixing
- Subtractive Mixing
- Phantom Center
- Working with Frequencies
- The EQ as the Scalpel of Mixing
- Creating Definition with EQ
- The High Pass Filter Trick
- Negotiating the Kick and Bass in the Mix
- Creating Space with Delay Effects
- Creating Space with Reverb Effects
- Reverb Techniques for Vocals, Guitars, and Drums
- Delay Techniques for Vocals, Guitars, and Drums
- Parallel Compression
- Compression Techniques for Vocals, Guitars, and Drums
- Finding the "Focus" of the Track
- The Art in Mixing
- And much, much more!
Dr. J. Anthony Allen
Music PhD, Producer, Composer, Instructor, Professor, Author, & Ableton Certified Trainer.
Dr. Allen is a professional musician, top-rated online instructor, and university professor. In 2017 the Star Tribune featured him as a "Mover and a Shaker," and he is recognized by the Grammy Foundation for his music education classes. He currently teaches at Augsburg University in Minneapolis, MN, Slam Academy, and Punkademic Courses.
Great course, learned a lot. While being a student on production academy these courses are great bonus on everything. Recommended!!
- Toni Martinić
Excellent course!!!! Love the way this guy teaches. It's smooth, understandable, easy to follow. Great job!!!
- Marcel Marek